Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ten Best Things I do on my Smartphone

Before I moved to Virginia, I bought my first smartphone.  Since I and almost everyone I know is on the Verizon network and I refused to be an "iPhone person" I bought a DROID! and I must say I've enjoyed my contract so far for these ten purposes:

10. Taking pictures of things I never would otherwise



9. Actually calling people to hear what they have to say or make plans- This can be awkward sometimes. You actually have to start, end and keep a conversation going and its difficult to tell if someone you're talking to is smiling, enthusiastic or laughing out loud, but most plans allow for at least 500 minutes of this and some people talk on their phones for as long as ten minutes sometimes.

8. Facebook- Let's be honest, Facebook on a phone kinda sucks and is only for the truly addicted. The inability to access friends' friends takes the "network" out of The Social Network and serves little purpose other than reading statuses.

7. Check scores- It's still too early to figure out how many relationships and marriages have been saved because men can check their scores and fantasy football stats from any location now.

6. This Blog- Posted it from my phone, yep!

5. Words with Friends- I don't own a Scrabble board have no intention of buying one but if you challenge DerekSU2000 you will get owned over the course of a couple weeks in something just like it.

4. Butt Dialing- Actually Butt anything, I would never call some girl I met at a bar two years ago, google "Avril Levigne engaged" or Like that your kid has a fever but the risk of doing so makes life a little more interesting. 

3. Tweetdeck- I love Twitter it is now the fastest place to get breaking news and witty commentary at the same time and I find Tweetdeck much more user friendly then Twitter's application.

2. Texting- Not me but some girls I know they <3 textinggggg ;). Seriously though its the best way in our fast paced lives to keep in touch and talk about only what we really want to and it's why we bought smartphones in the first place.

1. Angry Birds- Its crazy of all the games that can be made that these guys take off but I know I'm not the only one who goes to bed picks up their phone shoots at those goddamn pigs then sees the clock says 1:30am and fights to go to bed.  In fact I could devote a whole post to this game maybe I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment