Tuesday, June 7, 2011

So…Where Were We?

It's been over two years since my last blog post and my life is almost unrecognizable to that day. Here is a quick and incomplete list of everything that has transpired in my life and around it since the last time I posted on a blog:

I still know very little about the personalities and intricacies of UFC. My favorite MMA move is the kick to the face, and my favorite personality is Arianny Celeste. Not sure if the product it being marketed to me correctly.

I am no longer in the pizza business which is why I needed to change the name of this blog. I still have good friends in it at all levels and I try to hit up a Bertucci's whenever I am close to one, but those times are fewer and farther between then I would like.

There have been two movies made where three guys throw a bachelor party and get blacked out and have to piece together the parts of the night they forgot to find a friend they had lost…and there could've been 22 made and I wouldn't have minded.

I have moved to Northern Virginia (if you live here you always say Northern Virginia or "Nova" to differentiate yourself from the rest of Virginia that doesn't have as high a cost of living or as bad of traffic), I sell apartment leases or "put heads in beds" as I put it when I want to make it sound sexy. Sexy or not, my commute is a five minute walk from my apartment. I work for one of my best friends, he's been in this business for nine years, and I've been in it for one, it should be that way.

I'm 30 pounds lighter than I was that day.

Michael Jackson and Osama Bin Laden are dead but so are Leslie Nielsen and The Macho Man Randy Savage.

I became an Uncle, and its as awesome as you can imagine

Josh got married again, I met a bartender that looked just like Barack Obama (he's still President, by the way) but I didn't do a blog for it. Trust me you wouldn't have wanted to read it, I would have had to include details I would be better off leaving out.

Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga are alive and became more popular than ever among teenage girls and gay men respectively…or collectively.

They finally created the number of bowl games necessary for Syracuse to make one, and to their credit Syracuse scheduled the number of winnable games necessary to make one.

But perhaps the biggest difference between now and the last time I updated a blog is that America and the world, for that matter has moved past blogs to sharing their thoughts through the much quicker and convenient mediums of Facebook and Twitter. It's part of the reason more and more blogs on Blogspot haven't been touched since 2006, nonetheless 2009. There are much less people willing to take the time to write a 500 word blog that may be read by twenty people when they can update their status whenever a thought strikes them and think that it's being read by their 300 friends. It is also not a coincidence that Twitter "tipped" in 2009 and 2010. Twitter combines self-promotion, a sense of community and access to celebrities (every once in a while Audrina Patridge might Retweet (RT) your thoughts on what dress she should wear), and quick wit (not only can you write your thoughts in 140 characters or less, you HAVE to). In 2011, quick wit is easier than ever to send to the masses, you don't have to necessary write a blog to show you have it.

I however, still feel like I have a little more to say than I do right now and that is why I have returned to blogging. I hope it lasts, I'll do my best to make it last. I hope you enjoy reading what I have to say…

So…where were we?


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment